1. To be treated gently.
Because I come from a place where I have been treated so roughly, and insensitively by the vicious voices of my peers, friends and family.
2. To be granted ample freedom and space within my relationship.
Because authority figures have invaded every area of my life allowing no room for freedom of choice all my life. So that my life has been a lifelong journey of rebellion. I don’t want my marriage to be.
3. To be affirmed.
Because I have a deep need for affirmation and attentiveness and a sense of belonging. Since I haven’t managed to get that from anywhere else.
4. To be accepted and understood
5. To be paid attention to.
6. To be forgiven for being imperfect. And loved for it.
7. To be listened to.
Because the only one who has ever really listened to me, was me. It would be nice to have more than an audience of one for a change.
8. To be kissed, and hugged, and told Im beautiful. Every few hours of the day. Every day.
9. To be treated like a Queen, a new romantic interest, a girlfriend, and a wife, all in one. That means dates, and presents, and long make out sessions.
10. To be allowed to love you back, in all the ways from 1-9.